Saturday, May 9, 2015

My rose hair tarantula

My Chilean rose hair tarantula, Rosie, was my first pet invertebrate. I got her a little over 5 years ago. She was approximately 2 years old then, and was medium sized, for a tarantula. Now, over 5 years later, she's a bit of a beast! She eats crickets, and deformed darkling beetles, when I have them. She absolutely refuses to eat Eleodes larva or superworms, I guess because they feel quite different from crickets, which has been her staple diet her whole life. She is docile when she's not hungry, and will usually let me handle her without a fuss. I have yet to be bit by her, and I hope to keep it that way, lol! Here are some pics of her!



(Better lighting in these two pics)

These guys have been reported to live up to 20 plus years, so hopefully I will have Rosie for a long time to come! Anyways, as always, hope you guys enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment