Friday, November 10, 2017

Lanxoblatta & Corydidarum Updates! (Picture Heavy!)

I moved my Lanxoblatta rudis to a larger enclosure recently, but most of it is empty, I need to buy some more bark for them soon. Right now they should be comfortable the way things are though, and indeed there has been some molting activity! 😁

My female nymph molted, into what I assume is the subadult stage, as she is quite large now! My male nymph also molted, into an adult! My original adult pair are still doing well, and I even got some pictures of my female a few days ago!

Here are some pictures of them:

Adult pair, female on the left, male on the right
Adult female






Adult male


Subadult female

Subadult male
Freshly molted adult male


Their new enclosure (I surrounded their bark hide area with cardboard, to make them feel a little more comfortable)
Hopefully I'll be able to find some suitable bark for them soon, will let you all know when I do!

It looks like one of my newer Corydidarum pygmaea females gave birth a few days ago, which I was definitely not expecting! Their male brethren are still alive, usually the females don't give birth until several months after all the males are dead, (at least all the males that matured at the same time they did, that is). Super surprised and happy to see this newest litter of Corydidarum nymphs, glad this species is doing well for me! 😊

Here are a couple pictures of the newborns and their mother:



Aren't they just the cutest little things? 😄 Even the adults are cute!

Anyways, that's gonna do it for this post, I hope everyone enjoyed, will see you all next time! 😉

2 comments:

  1. When silence and pretty bugs co-occur, just assume I'm drooling.

    (gasp, the anti-hisser campaign is not merely a joke - see post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, will do! ;)

      Jeez, those pest control companies are SO ignorant!

      Delete