Sunday, July 30, 2017

Drymaplaneta & Panchlora Updates!

I am happy to announce that all of my Drymaplaneta semivitta have matured! 😊 (with the exception of one small stunted nymph that is way behind all my other individuals in terms of growth). I have three females, and surprisingly, two males! I thought I only had one male left, but it seems I was wrong!

The adult males in particular are very cool looking, because while the females have normal hind legs, the males have legs with large, flattened areas on them, which almost makes them look like they are wearing boots or something! 

For example, here are some pictures of one of my males:




As you can see, the hind legs are quite unusual looking! Anyway, now that my males are mature, the females should start laying some fertile oothecae soon, which is great! BTW, I still have not added any substrate to the enclosure yet, I have some substrate that I am preparing for them right now, next week it should be completely bone dry!

My male Panchlora sp. "White" nymphs are starting to mature now, and my largest female should also mature really soon! I never realized just how big this species was for a Panchlora until I got some of the other species, the males alone are giant compared to those of Panchlora sp. "Speckled" or "Costa Rica Yellow" for example!

Here are some pictures of a couple of my males:







This species is so freaking beautiful, here's hoping I'll be able to get another generation going! 😀

My Panchlora sp. "Costa Rica Yellow" are finally starting to mature, I've got adults of both sexes now. They are very pretty looking, and a lot brighter in person than in most photos I've seen!

Here are pictures of my largest female:







With any luck, I should have offspring from this species soon, I am very glad I got a group of these, they are a lot better looking than I thought they would be! 😄

Anyway, that's gonna be it for this post, I hope everyone enjoyed, will see you all soon! 😉

2 comments: