Monday, February 13, 2017

Some Misc Updates

First off, let's start with a Jerusalem cricket update. Unfortunately Sam has died, I found her on top of the substrate next to two eggs, I searched the substrate and sadly found no other eggs. I don't know why she died before laying all her eggs, I should have gotten over twenty from her. Strangely enough, Ripper is still doing well, I thought she would die soon after laying her second clutch, but she's still kicking, so that's good.

Some of the eggs are still molding over, it appears to be rather random, some of the old eggs have molded over and some of the new ones have as well, and yet there are still some eggs from both clutches that seem perfectly healthy. Hopefully some of them will avoid perishing and hatch, I would really like to get a second generation of these guys going. Will keep you all posted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Corydidarum pygmaea are doing great, the babies are getting plumper, I'm pretty sure they are all going to molt again soon. I realized I never took any pictures of their new enclosure, so I took a couple of pictures today just so you guys have an idea of how they are housed.

Here is their enclosure:
















They really like hiding under the curved bark pieces in the enclosure, as well as under the rotten wood chunks hidden under the bark. So far the babies have been doing great, here's hoping I'll be able to rear them to adulthood!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally, a little update on my Oniscus asellus "Dalmatian". They are doing great, and producing a decent amount of offspring, which still so far have only been "Dalmatian" morph individuals! Plus, the first few offspring they produced are growing pretty fast, won't be long until they reach sexual maturity themselves.

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took of them today:



















I am very happy these have been doing well for me, as you may know, I've had some trouble isolating other isopod morphs in the past, so it's a relief that these have been producing offspring that are actually of the "Dalmatian" morph.

Anyway, that's gonna be it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you all next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment