Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy 2017!! (Corydidarum pygmaea and Parcoblatta americana Updates)

Happy new year everybody, I hope you all had a great holiday season, I know I did! Most of my roaches are doing rather well, and I am particularly excited to announce the birth of my first litter of Corydidarum pygmaea! I've been waiting patiently for offspring from this species, and I very happy that I have bred them successfully!

I have moved them to a larger enclosure, as their old enclosure was quite small, and while moving them I was able to get some pictures of the babies, here they are:





I believe there were 8-9 nymphs in this litter, and this was from only one of the females, I'm still waiting on the other to give birth. Hopefully I'll be able to rear them all to adulthood and keep my culture going, this is truly one of the most unique and interesting roach species available in the hobby!

I have noticed something interesting is happening in my Parcoblatta americana enclosure, two males in my culture have matured and are very dark in color compared to their brothers.

My strain of this species usually only has males that are orange in color, so it's strange that some of them are coming out dark now. While they aren't as dark colored as some California P.americana strains, they are still very different looking from my normal males.

Here are some pictures of them:








I wonder if this is a color morph that could be selectively bred or not, would definitely be interesting to see if I could isolate this coloration, I may have to try doing so.

Anyway, that's gonna be it for this post, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I hope everyone has a great 2017! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment