Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Parcoblatta Maturation Update Pt.2

So I now have breeding pairs of every Parcoblatta I own except for my Parcoblatta unknown fulvescens like caudelli. Let's talk about them! :)

First off, my Parcoblatta americana have been doing good, however a cage cleaning is imminent, the substrate has been infected with a weird fungus that is turning the substrate into one solid mat, so I may have to replace the substrate soon, and that won't be fun. Anyway, I have never gotten a really good picture of my adult female P.americana, so I thought I would take some pictures until I do. Finally, here are some good photos of the females of this species! 





















---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty much all of my P.bolliana nymphs have matured, and in addition to my adult females, some adult males have emerged. They are extremely fast and skittish, so I was only able to get two pictures, and both are from an angle.















Now that I have adults of both sexes, hopefully I will be seeing ootheca in the cage soon! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My P.divisa male matured, and boy is he big! Unfortunately he is really fast and does not like being out in the open, so I was not able to get any pictures of him. He has been busy though, I found a few ootheca in the cage this week! One of them was really long, much longer than other Parcoblatta ooths I have seen. I have a feeling these guys are going to be quite prolific! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many of my P.uhleriana have matured, most of them have been females. I do have a couple of males in the cage too, so I should be seeing ootheca in the cage real soon! Here are some pictures of the adults!

Female:


















Male:




















The males of this species are pretty cool looking, much more broad than the other Parcoblatta males I have seen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My P.viginica have been doing well, two more have matured, both male. Now I have at least one pair of this species, hopefully they will reproduce for me! Here are some pictures of one of the males!





















----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here comes some bad news. One of my Parcoblatta unknown fulvescens like caudelli matured into a seemingly healthy adult female, unfortunately a few days later I found her dead. I don't fully know why she died, my guess is lack of proper ventilation. Sadly that only left me with two subadult males, no females at all. So I will not be breeding this species, unless I get more this summer. :( This is the first cockroach species I have failed at breeding.

To not leave off on a bad note, one of the males matured, and he's a beauty! 
Here are some pictures of him:






















Oh well, I will have to try to breed this species another time, hopefully then I will succeed! 

Now, normally I don't post two days in a row, but tomorrow my birthday order from Kyle comes and I will want to blog about it, and I want to get this post out before then. So, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I will see you tomorrow I guess! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment