Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Phortioeca Adults!

That's right, finally found a couple Phortioeca sp. "Ecuador" adults in my cultures, a male and female pair to be exact! 😁 They came out a bit small, probably because I reared them in a half gallon container this whole time... I moved them to a five gallon like a month ago but I guess it was too little too late... πŸ˜… But it doesn't matter, the adults are healthy, and should breed well, next generation with all the extra room I should get some nice big Blaberus discoidalis sized adults. 😁

Here are some pictures of them, they're still a bit teneral here but they've only darkened up slightly towards the tips of their wings since I took these:







































So pretty, hopefully they'll breed well for me, seems people have hit or miss luck when it comes to getting females to give birth, but when they do, they give birth to several large litters over their lifespan!

Anyways, that does it for today's post, thanks for reading, hope you all enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you all next time! πŸ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment