Thursday, March 4, 2021

Salganea & Trichorhina Pictures!

So, I've been a little concerned about my Salganea taiwanensis taiwanensis, haven't seen much activity in their enclosure recently and was worried something was wrong. So I dug them all up, and was pleasantly surprised to see that all five were alive, and two of the three nymphs had matured! 😁 The remaining nymph is a subadult that looks very close to molting, so all of mine will be mature soon, only question is, did I end up with a pair? I have no idea LOL, still can't sex this species for the life of me, time will tell.

Anyways, here are some pictures of them:









Hopefully I have a breeding group here, regardless it's nice to see fully winged adults, they're quite pretty! 😍 I'll refrain from digging them up again anytime soon, hopefully if I do have males and females, they'll get to breeding pronto.

It occurs to me that I've never taken pictures of Trichorhina tomentosa, despite me having kept them twice now. I realize it's a common species in culture, and my pics are in no way going to be near as good as many others', but I figured I may as well get pictures of the ones I have now, in case I need to use photos of this species at any point. 
Without further adieu, here are a couple pics from my current small culture:



I got these ones from Alan, they were in the same deli cup he shipped my Hormetica strumosa in, so instead of tossing them out I decided to give them their own small enclosure, (I definitely wasn't gonna throw them in with the Hormetica). They've been thriving on rotten leftovers and dead bodies I feed them from my other invertebrate enclosures, a very minimal effort species to raise.

Well, that's gonna do it for today, I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading, stay safe, and I'll see everyone next time! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment