Sunday, February 7, 2021

Female Roach Maturations!

Finally, one of my female Panesthia angustipennis cognata "Cambodia" has matured! 😁 I was interested to see that her pronotum doesn't differ much from the males', though she is more bulky than the males for sure. 

Here are some pics of her:














Some people asked me about their size, saying they looked big in my photos, so I decided to get some pictures of this female on my hand. As you can see, they're not very big, more of a medium sized roach IMO, (some might consider this small, but I routinely work with micro roaches that make these look like giants LOL). 
Fingers crossed they get to breeding now, it'll be a long wait I'm sure, but I'm really looking forward to getting babies from this species! 😁

Also, my second Hemithyrsocera vittata has matured, the one I was hoping was a male. Took a couple days, but I finally got to see it's ventral segments, and I can confirm that it's definitely, 100%, another female. 🙃 But hey, there's two other subadults in there now, hopefully outta those two one is a male, (and hopefully they hurry the heck up so my two current adult females don't die without mating... 😅). If not, then I'm screwed lol...

Anyways, that's gonna do it for this post, thanks for reading, hope everyone enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you all next time! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment