Monday, January 4, 2021

Nocticola Hatchlings!!!

Well about a week ago I checked my Nocticola sp. "Malaysia" enclosure, and was happy to find that I already had hatchlings! 😁 The females have been laying eggs non stop, and now they've started hatching, so I'll likely have tons of these things soon! The babies are so adorable and really tiny, about a mm (maybe two) in length. Despite that, I was able to get what I consider to be rather decent pictures of them, considering their size at least! 😅

Here are the little cuties:






Aren't they so cute? ☺ Hopefully they'll do well for me! Upon Brandon Maines's recommendation, I added some rotten wood chunks to their deli cup a short while ago, since he said they do best when they have rotten wood available. I might try and set some up in a container without rotten wood and see how they do in comparison later on, but for now, since I have it available, I figured it couldn't hurt to add it. 😄

Also, on a slightly related note, I've also been finding hatchlings in my Compsodes schwarzi container, so both these tiny Corydioids are doing well for me! 🙂

Anyways, that's gonna do it for today, thanks for reading, I hope everyone enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you all in the next post! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment