Sunday, September 6, 2020

Last Hormetica Adult, & a Somber Pseudoscorp Update

The last of my four Hormetica strumosa nymphs has matured, a male with slightly messed up wings... Technically he could have matured before I removed some of the excess substrate from their enclosure, (which may have caused the messed up wings), I haven't been able to find this particular individual for weeks now! He's been hiding deep in the substrate, until yesterday when he so nicely decided to come to the surface to feed... 😅

Here are some pictures of him:







Still a beaut for sure, with a pronotum pattern more similar to that of the two females than of my other male. So now all that's left to do is wait a month or so, then move the males to another enclosure to prevent potential filicide, and hope my females give birth successfully and in a timely manner! 😄 I'll keep y'all posted on these!

Unfortunately, most of my Chelifer cancroides pseudoscorpions have died off, I overwatered them the other week and evidently the majority of them drowned in water droplets on the sides of the enclosure... So that's unfortunate. 😢 Their enclosure was also hit with some bad mold outbreaks, probably because springtails don't last too long in there and can't eat away the mold fast enough... 🙃
There's still a couple individuals left alive, so hopefully they'll stay that way and maybe breed, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high... At the very least, I will not be overwatering them again any time soon.

Well, that's gonna do it for this post, thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you all next time! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment