Saturday, August 15, 2020

Updates People, Updates!

Alrighty, got some misc updates for you guys this post, here we go!

First off, Athena, my adult female Ceuthophilus gracilipes gracilipes, unfortunately is not doing so hot. She seems to be losing control in both her right legs, so she can only hobble around now. I removed all vertical bark from the enclosure, and gave her a TP roll to hide in, she seems to just sit out in the open mostly though. Oh well, I'll keep taking care of her the best I can, I have no idea how much longer she'll last. Guess she was just too stressed from being shipped, even molting to adulthood couldn't save her from whatever neurological damage was sustained from heat shock. 😞

So yeah, shipping large Ceuthophilus during warmer months is definitely not advised, just FYI. Small nymphs might be fine though, I hope to find out soon...

My Conibius cf. seriatus are doing great, most of the larvae produced from that first female have already pupated, this species develops FAST! 😄 And there are new tiny larvae being produced from the newer group of adults, so this colony is gonna grow very fast!

Here are some pics of a pupa:






Even faster growing than Apsena, and just as colorful! Too bad they're quite a bit smaller than them... 😅

My Eleodes (Blapylis) sp. larvae have started pupating as well, and I just realized I've never photographed their pupae before... So let's change that! 😜

Here we go:






Normal looking for an Eleodes pupa, but hey, now I've got pictures of this species too.  😂

Well, that's gonna do it for this post, thanks for reading, hope everyone enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you all next time! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment