Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My New Anallacta methanoides!!! (For real this time!)

Well, a little while back, I got 12 more Anallacta oothecae from my friend Sebastien Marcaillou, and this time, all but one of them arrived in perfect shape! (Due to a new packing method for oothecae he came up with!). I've been patiently waiting for them to hatch, and a few days ago, one of them did! 😄

I am keeping them in a tall, medium sized plastic container with semi moist coconut fiber as the substrate, I have bark slabs and dead leaves in there as hides, and will be feeding them chick feed, fruits and veggies.

Here are some pictures of the oothecae and the nymphs!

Oothecae



Nymphs



Really happy my oothecae hatched, and am excited to watch my nymphs grow! 😊 Hopefully these will become established in the US hobby again, and not leave it so quickly!

Anyway, that's gonna be it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, will see you all next time! 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment