Friday, April 7, 2017

The End of My Dorylaea orini

Sadly, all of my Dorylaea orini adults have died off, and all of their oothecae ended up being duds, so I am sad to say that I have failed at breeding this beautiful species. 😢

I'm still not sure why though, part of the problem could have been that I kept them too dry, as the top layer of their substrate dried out a few times and that wasn't supposed to happen, or it's possible I kept them too cool.

In any case, I'm pretty bummed about not being able to successfully breed this species, but at the same time, I am very glad that I got to see some in person, they really are quite beautiful, especially as nymphs!

Anyway, that's gonna do it for today, sorry for two somewhat solemn posts in a row, next week there will be a few lighthearted posts about some new acquisitions, so stay tuned for those! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment