Saturday, April 29, 2017

Some Roach Updates

Sadly, I am down to 9 Drymaplaneta semivitta nymphs, they just keep dying off for seemingly no reason, no matter what humidity levels I give them, they just die off randomly. I thought that as they grew they were getting hardier, but one of my largest nymphs died, so I really don't know what's going on.

Oh well, at least they are still growing, maybe, just maybe I can get some to adulthood and get another generation out of them, it's not looking so good though.

Anyway, I took some pictures of a nymph shortly after molting the other day, here they are:





I really hope some will make it to adulthood, we'll just have to wait and see...

My Gyna centurio male matured last week, and boy is he beautiful! 😁Hopefully the female will follow shortly, can't wait until they start breeding!

Here are a few pictures of him:




Love the white wings with the dark red markings on them, as well as the amazing pronotum marking, my male looks like he's got a creepy skull face on his pronotum! 🙂

My Paranauphoeta discoidalis are doing OK, had to rehouse them last month due to the Sinella curviseta population in their enclosure getting a little out of control, the roaches were exhibiting signs of stress, constant grooming of the limbs, eating less, etc., now that I've cleaned their enclosure of all springtails, they seem to be doing much better.

The last litter of nymphs my original female produced are growing quickly, and are about half grown now! One of my females aborted her ootheca a few weeks ago, which has me a little concerned, the other females look ready to burst though, so hopefully I'll be getting more nymphs soon!

Here are some pictures I took of them last week:





Will let you all know when they start giving birth, hopefully it won't be too long from now!

Lastly, I just wanted to share some more pictures I took of my Lucihormetica grossei, you know how there are some inverts that you love so much and just want to keep taking pictures of them? This is one of those species, so you'll probably be seeing these guys quite frequently here on the blog!

Female

Male





I really love this species, can't wait until my female gives birth!

Well that's gonna do it for this post, hope you guys enjoyed, will see you all soon! 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment