Thursday, April 27, 2017

My New Arenivaga sp. "Dell City"!

Just received my end of a trade with Blake Rakes, which consisted of about twenty Arenivaga individuals from Dell City TX, (one of which was carrying an oothecae!). This species looks quite similar to my Arenivaga cf. genitalis, but there are some subtle differences between the two, and apparently the adult males look quite different than those of the cf. genitalis stock.

I am keeping them in a round plastic container with coconut fiber as the substrate, and some dead leaves and a small piece of driftwood on top. I will be keeping the lower layers of the substrate moist, and the upper layer dry. Besides the dead leaves, I will also feed them dog food.

Here are some pictures of them:








I really love this genus, and am happy to add yet another species to my collection! Since there are some adult females in there, which are fertile and laying ooths already, I will most likely be seeing tiny nymphs in the enclosure within a few months, let's hope they aren't too difficult to keep!

Anyway, that's gonna be it for this post, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you all soon! 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment