Thursday, January 5, 2017

Rhabdoblatta formosana and Panhclora sp. "White" Updates

The Panchlora sp. "White" nymphs are doing very well, however they are growing at somewhat staggered rates, which hopefully won't be too much of a problem when I am trying to mate them as they get older. A couple of the nymphs are gaining some more color now, rather than the pale yellow the younger nymphs sport, these two are more of a light brown color.

Here are some pictures of the nymphs I took today, (the flash makes the large nymph look brighter in the last three pics than it is in reality FYI):






I'm glad these nymphs seem to be doing well in my care, I believe shipping stress may have been the reason my adults did not fare well, hopefully once these guys grow up they will be much hardier than my original individuals.

My Rhabdoblatta formosana colony is doing well, they are pretty sensitive to a buildup of dead bodies, (apparently the same is true for Epilampra maya), however the Porcellio scaber and Alphitobius diaperinus I have put in their enclosure have been doing a good job at eating the dead bodies, and so far show no signs of stressing the roaches out, (I will be keeping an eye out for the A.diaperinus though, don't want their numbers getting too high).

Here are some pictures I took of them a couple days ago:





This species has proven to be fast growing, highly prolific and easy to rear, however their sensitivity to their own dead and filth can make them a challenge to keep, especially if you don't use clean up crews.

Anyway, that's gonna do it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I'll see you all next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment