Monday, January 23, 2017

A Few Roach Updates

So for several months I've noticed that one of the "Parcoblatta lata" nymphs I received from Nathaniel Long looked a little different than the others. Instead of the normal reddish brown with dark brown stripes that most nymphs of that species sport, this individual was solid black. The little guy matured recently and, as I suspected, it turned out to be a stray Parcoblatta pennsylvanica male.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any other P.pennsylvanica nymphs in the enclosure, so this guy is out of luck when it comes to mating.

Here are some pictures I took of him:





It's a shame I have no female for him, would have been great to breed this species in addition to my other Parcoblatta.

My Polyphaga saussurei are doing well, got a few pictures of the two adult females together, this species is so calm when handled and make great photo subjects, so I photograph them often.

Here they are on my hand:




Can't wait until their oothecae hatch! :)

Also, a couple of days ago I sold off all my Gromphadorhina and Blaberus hybrids, as they were both taking up quite a bit of space and I had lost interest in them, plus I was pretty allergic to the hissers. I decided I'd rather make room for invertebrates that I really want instead of keeping ones that I have little interest in, so I sold them off. Just thought I'd let you guys know, in case you were wondering why their names have disappeared from the list of my currently cultured invertebrates.

Anyways, that's gonna be it for today, there have been some recent, exciting developments here in my collection, so stay tuned for some interesting stuff! I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I'll see you all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment