Thursday, December 8, 2016

Parcoblatta americana Update & Some Polyphaga Pics

My Parcoblatta americana have been doing very good, and have been breeding like mad! It's crazy that this huge colony started from less than half a dozen individuals, it feels like just yesterday I wrote about finding one of my original females laying her first oothecae!

Here are some pics I took of the colony yesterday:






I'm very glad this strain has proven to be so hardy in comparison to some CA strains, hopefully I will be able to culture these for many years to come. :)

My Polyphaga aegyptiaca and P.saussurei have been doing great, another one of my P.saussurei nymphs matured, and my other female laid another ooth!

One of my friends on the Allpet Roaches Forum, author of this blog here, asked me to post a side by side comparison of the adult females of the two species, so yesterday I decided to take some pictures of the two. :)

Here is an adult Polyphaga aegyptiaca alongside an adult Polyphaga saussurei:



And here are some additional photos of the P.saussurei female, (I just love taking pictures of this species!):





As you can see, there is quite a size difference between the two, both in length and in bulk.

Well, that's gonna do it for this post, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you all next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment