Saturday, October 8, 2016

Panchlora sp. "White", Arenivaga genitalis & a Couple Porcellio spp Updates

A few days ago while checking on my Panchlora sp. "White" enclosure, I found that one of my females had died, which was upsetting. However, after looking under some leaf litter in the cage I found some newborn nymphs!! :)

I do not know if the babies were from the dead female or from my healthy one, and I don't know if my recently deceased individual died of natural causes or not, the death seems a little premature to me. Even if she was the one that gave birth, only one litter of young in her whole life seems to suggest a shortened lifespan, which could be care related. I don't know what I could be doing wrong though, according to Gil Wizen my conditions sound fine. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of the little cuties!




Really hoping my other female gives birth to at least one litter, as there aren't a ton of babies in the cage, I estimate maybe a dozen or so nymphs. If not though I should still be able to continue breeding these with only a dozen or so individuals. :)

My female Arenivaga cf. genitalis matured this week, and the male is a subadult, so I should have a breeding pair pretty soon! She's a very pretty red color, this is a really pretty species of Arenivaga.

Here are couple of pictures of her:



The coloration is made out to be slightly more vivid on camera than it is in real life due to the flash, but she's still very good looking in real life nonetheless. 

Over a year ago I received a few isopods from CA in a shipment of Jerusalem crickets, which I thought were all Porcellio laevis. Turns out only one of them was P.laevis, the rest were Porcellio dilatatus

The P.dilatatus have been reproducing and are doing well, however the P.laevis has not reproduced since it has no mate, which is too bad since it is a cool off-white color. Anyway, here are some pictures of them all!

Porcellio dilatatus



The off-white Porcellio laevis

Anyway, that's gonna do it for this post, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you all soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. hello, i believe you wish to "share" some of your panchlora sp white and i'd be very interested in getting some, i don'y expect you to sell them for free but if there is the option i'd be willing to discuss, if you are interested please contact me via email: luccadana@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, sold my entire colony off to a friend a week ago, as I am leaving the hobby. Hopefully he'll be successful in establishing them in culture!

      Delete