Friday, September 23, 2016

Some Roach Updates & a Short Pasimachus Update

My African bullet roaches have been doing very well, and there are a whole bunch of nymphs in the enclosure, much more than I thought there were!

Here are some pictures:

Nymphs

Male
I'm really glad these have been doing well, the nymphs seem to be growing fast, hopefully in a few months they will start to mature!

My Arenivaga bolliana may all be mature now, the two males are mature and my large female is definitely mature, my other female just molted and is much smaller, but she looks mature to me. Time will tell I suppose.

Here are some pictures of them all!

Males


Female (May be mature)
Mature female


As you can see in the last picture, my mature female is constructing an ootheca! I'm very happy that this species is doing well in my care, and I can't wait to see tiny hatchlings in the cage!

So unfortunately, none of my Pasimachus ever laid any eggs, or if they did they ate the resulting larva. My guess is that I may have gotten them too late in the year and they had already laid their eggs before I got them, or that I don't have any females. However, they all seem very healthy, and they will probably go into hibernation pretty soon, so next year if I have any females, I should be get some eggs from them!

Here are a couple pictures of one of them:



Really hoping I'll get some eggs from them next year, would love to try and rear the larva to adulthood!

Also, just wanted to let you guys know that I have quite a few roaches and some other invertebrates available for sale right now, so go check it out!

Well, that's gonna do it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I'll see you all next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment