Friday, August 12, 2016

It's all Black & White

Hey guys, after a long hiatus, I'm back with another post for y'all! This one has a black and white theme to it, hope you guys enjoy! :)

As some of you may know, my Cylisticus convexus "Pied" morph died out a little while ago, however, another cool morph has shown up in one of my isopod cultures recently, and I find it equally exciting as the Pied C.convexus!

Presenting for the first time ever, Oniscus asellus "Dalmatian"!








I have found three individuals in my colony so far, and I have moved them to their own container. Really hoping I can isolate this morph, as far as I know a Dalmatian morph Oniscus asellus has never been heard of!

Now here is some sad news, my Panchlora sp. "White" female died suddenly of unknown causes, and she never gave birth. :( I really don't know what happened, conditions were perfect and the two males are doing just fine. 
Luckily I was able to order two more females from Gil, and they should be here sometime this week. Will let you guys know when they get here! 

Over a year ago, I received eight Therea olegrandjeani nymphs from Peter, and three of them matured within a few months of arrival. The remaining five have been slowly growing, and this month I found that all five of them had matured into two males and three females!

Here are a couple of pictures of the cuties:



Hopefully they will be as prolific as my other adults were, if so I'm in for another wave of hatchling question mark roaches! :)

My Therea petiveriana have been doing well too, and several individuals of both genders have matured! Hopefully I'll be seeing ootheca from them soon, I am really loving this genus! 

Here are a couple pictures of them:



Well I hope you guys enjoyed this post, this is actually my 200th post on this blog, really can't believe we've got this far! Anyway, I'll see you all next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment