Sunday, April 17, 2016

Blaberus Sp. "Hybrid" & Pycnoscelus nigra Update!

Two of my Blaberus sp. "Hybrid" nymphs have matured, and they are very good looking. They are definitely part craniifer, mixed with some other Blaberus species. They are both females, hopefully soon a male will mature as well.

Here are some pictures!







These are pretty cool, and seem to be very hardy. Hopefully in a matter of months I will have babies!

One of my Pycnoscelus nigra nymphs has also matured, and boy is she beautiful! I love this species's jet black coloration, along with the reddish-brown legs. 

Here are some pictures of her:






Like Pycnoscelus surinamensis, this species is parthenogenic, so she should give birth within a few months, all by herself.

Well, that's gonna be it for today, I have lots of new inverts coming this week, so stay tuned! I'll see you all next post! :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I wasn't aware these existed, I have to find some!

    ReplyDelete