Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Parcoblatta divisa Update

So, my plan has worked well! The females kept on the heat cable have been growing fast, and one of them has matured! The other female is a subadult, and the male that I have been keeping cooler is still a subadult. I have moved the male to the warm cage so he can mature and mate with the female!

Here are some pictures of the adult female:





She's a beauty, is she not? Hopefully my male will mature soon so he can mate with her. This species is proving to be quite easy to keep, unlike some of my other Parcoblatta.

Hope you guys enjoyed, and I will see you next post! :)

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, she looks very similar to my p. pennsylvanica females.
    http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/salmonsaladsandwic/media/adb64fdc-8d56-44b4-a1b6-e11536e7528a_zps2nitq9sv.jpg.html?state=copy&sp=false

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, are you sure yours are P.pennsylvanica? As a nymph my female did not look like a P.pennsylvanica nymph, so I doubt she is not P.divisa.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm in Massachusetts (too far north for divisa) and the adult males are 30 millimeters long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, hopefully mine really are P.divisa, (Though having P.pennsylvanica wouldn't be a bad thing). These nymphs look pretty different from P.pennsylvanica nymphs, so I think mine are P.divisa. Nice female BTW, I will hopefully be getting some P.pennsylvanica this year from a friend.

      Delete