Thursday, November 19, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside...

And that means it is time to put any diapause needing invertebrates in the garage, or some other cold place. I have put my Parcoblatta americana and my Gryllus cf. veletis in my garage and will be keeping them there until spring. When in diapause my bugs' metabolisms will slow down, they will eat less and move less. I have given them some rot resistant food, bits of apple and some carrots. I will be keeping them moist, and will replace any food that goes bad, but carrots can take months to rot, so I'm not too concerned about that. Unfortunately, I did not get any good pictures of my P.americana, but I did get some good pictures of one of my Gryllus cf. veletis.

Subadult male Gryllus cf. veletis




Hopefully next year my Gryllus will breed and I can get a second generation going! Hope you guys enjoyed this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment