Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pterostichus sp

I have caught a few Pterostichus sp. these past few weeks, and I plan on breeding them. I have gotten them to lay eggs in the past, but not many. They are being kept in a medium sized plastic container, with coconut fiber and sphagnum moss as the substrate. There is a layer of dead leaves for hiding and decor, and there are isopods as a clean-up crew. They are eating live and dead Rhabdoblatta formosana, which they seem to enjoy. So far no eggs have been laid, but I am not sure if I have any females yet... so I'll just have to keep looking for more. Here are some pictures of one of them chowing down on a dead R.formosana.





In each scene you can see it get fatter and fatter as it keeps eating! Anyways, I'll see you later, hope you guys enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment