Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Polyphaga aegyptiaca

I got 4 nymphs from kyle along with my P.saussurei. I only ordered 2, but he sent freebies! Their substrate consists of coconut fiber, sphagnum moss, and dead leaves. Their diet is mainly the dead leaves, but they will nibble on dog food, fruits and veggies. They do not burrow as much as my P.saussurei, I am going add more coconut fiber soon to see if it helps. They share the cage with 1 flathorn hisser male, and an Eleodes caudiferus male. They all seem to get along pretty well. Here are some pictures:
                                                                       
Nymphs



The cage
Now all I have to do is wait a few years until they mature! :) Hopefully I can keep them alive that long. They seem to be rather straightforward in their care requirements, so I think I should be okay.
Hope you guys enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment