Friday, December 4, 2020

My Deropeltis Matured!!!

My Deropeltis sp. "Masai Mara" pair have matured! 😁 They're a little on the small side for this species, probably a result of crowding in their old colony, but gorgeous nonetheless! Looks just like Deropeltis sp. "Jinka" to me, when mature at least. The female was super inquisitive during handling and tried nibbling on me a few times, really love these black velvet roaches! ☺

Here are some pictures of the pair in their new skins:

Adult female












Adult male









Adult pair

Such a neat species, now here comes the difficult part, I gotta breed the suckers now... Getting a bit of PTSD from failing with my sp. "Jinka" a few years back... 😂 Hopefully with a horizontal humidity gradient, and steady heat, I'll have success this time in hatching their oothecae! 🤞 Keeping my fingers heavily crossed! 

Anyways, that's gonna do it for this post, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you all next time! (so, tomorrow... 😜)

No comments:

Post a Comment