Thursday, August 27, 2020

More Hormetica Adults!

Good news, two more of the Hormetica strumosa have matured, and their wings are looking pretty dang good! 😄 One of them is my second female, and the other is one of the males! Both look super pretty, and I figured I'd share some pictures of the beauties here. 😁

Here they are:

Female

Male on top, female below
Male









Such a pretty species, and so variable in terms of pronotum and tegmina patterning! Looking forward to seeing what the other male looks like, there's a good chance he may be mature already, but I was not able to find him while digging through the upper layers of substrate... He'll turn up sooner or later, and I'll be ready with my camera... 😜

Anyways, that's gonna do it for today, thanks for reading everyone, hope you all enjoyed, stay safe, and I'll see you in the next post! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment