Thursday, July 23, 2020

Pyrophorus & Ceuthophilus Hatchlings!

Yup, found hatchlings in my Pyrophorus noctilucus enclosure today, hooray!!! 😁 I know now by watching my adults that at least three of them are females, as I've seen three of them all ovipositing at once, so out of five adults I'm pretty happy with this sex ratio, should get a lot of offspring hopefully! 😄

Unfortunately said hatchlings are waaaay too small to get pictures of, only a couple mm long and kinda fragile at this stage, so that's not happening for a little while... 😂 But I wanted to share this with you all nonetheless, as I am quite stoked and looking forward to dispersing this species in the US hobby once again! 😊

Also, kind of a delayed update, but my Ceuthophilus agassizii started hatching out a week or two ago, and apparently the Leucocoprinus mycelium in their enclosure has done little to prevent them from hatching. 😄 So I'll probably just leave it and let it run it's course until it inevitably dies off, the crickets sure don't seem to mind. Though I may have to move them to something bigger anyways to accommodate the growing population...

Well, that's gonna do it for this post, hope you all enjoyed, thanks for reading, stay safe, and I'll see you all next time! 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment