Saturday, November 30, 2019

Still Waiting on Bantua Babies...

As the title suggests, I'm still waiting on more Bantua sp. "Namibia" babies, pretty sure the females all started gestating their broods from scratch when I added more ventilation, so by my calculations most of them SHOULD be due to give birth by Christmas, (what a wonderful Christmas that'd be right? 😁)... Patience is key with Perisphaerinae, hopefully mine will pay off, as it's quickly waning and giving way to worry... I did see some of my females using those cork hides I made them recently, so fingers crossed!🤞

In any case, the five nymphs I did get from my first brood are doing splendidly, all of them are very healthy and roughly half grown already! I wasn't really expecting them to be this fast growing, it's a pleasant surprise, and at least it would appear that my setup seems to be working quite well for them, I just screwed up their ventilation levels at first... 😅

Anyways, here are some pictures of the fast growing nymphs:






Such cuties, unfortunately it can be a little difficult to get pictures of them, as they are fast runners and my camera lense seems not to want to focus properly on their waxy exoskeletons... 🙃
I may rearrange their enclosure a tad in the coming months, they hardly seem to use the horizontal bark slabs in their enclosure, so I'm thinking of arranging them differently, maybe more vertically in an attempt to maximize the amount of spaces they'll actually use and hide in, but I haven't decided yet.

Anyways, I think that's gonna do it for this post, thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you all in the next post! 😉

2 comments:

  1. Hoping this next batch of babies comes off successfully for you! The nymphs are looking great!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Arthroverts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've got at least five gravid looking females, so if all goes well and they give birth to full litters of around 20 nymphs each, I'll have tons of them! 😅 Just a waiting game at this point...
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete