Sunday, August 18, 2019

Small Bantua Update

My Bantua sp. "Namibia" are still doing well, no babies yet, though I'm expecting some any day now!๐ŸคžMost of my nymphs have matured at this point, with only 2-3 small nymphs remaining. Before they all mature though, I wanted to get some pictures of one of the nymphs fully covered in their waxy secretion, which appears to be unique to this genus. Well I'm happy to say that a week or two ago, I did just that! ๐Ÿ˜„

Here are a couple pictures of a subadult male, covered in the waxy secretion:



I think that male actually matured a couple days after that photoshoot, so I got those pics just in time! ๐Ÿ˜ I'll be sure to keep y'all updated on any big changes with this species, fingers crossed my next post about them will be showing off some babies! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well, that's gonna do it for this post, I hope you all enjoyed this little update, thanks for reading, I'll see you all in the next post! ๐Ÿ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment