Saturday, June 29, 2019

Tiny Pupa & Long Wings

Well, it's that time, my Apsena sp. "Kuna" larvae have started to mature! Most of them appear ready to pupate, and thus I have been moving larger larvae to a container with an inch of moist, compressed coconut fiber, and am letting them make their pupal cells within it. Since they are so small, I've decided to go for a communal pupating setup, and so far it seems to be successful.

No one's ever bred Apsena as far as I know, so I made sure to dig up one of the pupae for pictures, for science's sake! 😜 These are likely the first and only pictures of Apsena pupae in existence.

Without further adieu, here are the pics:






Don't worry about this one, I've put it in a deli cup with a thin layer of moist coconut fiber, should be able to develop just fine outside of it's pupal cell.

I can't wait until they all start maturing, at which point I will try to get pictures of the teneral adults! 😊

Now for some even more exciting news, one of my Bantua sp. "Namibia" males has FINALLY matured! 😁 I've got two adult females now, so I'm definitely glad this male matured too, hopefully he does his job and mates with my females soon!

Here is the stud!








Isn't he so sleek looking, almost like a little torpedo when his antennae are tucked in! 😄 Fingers crossed he fertilizes my females, and I can successfully get them to give birth! 😊

Well, that's it for this post, hope everyone enjoyed, thanks for reading, I'll see you all next time! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment