Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Drymaplaneta & a Couple Small Beetle Updates

So far my Drymaplaneta semivitta have been doing great in their new enclosure, and have been growing nicely as well! It really seems like they'll be making it to adulthood, I'm pretty sure some of them are only 3-4 molts away from maturity! 😁 We'll see though, we'll see...

Here are some pictures I took of them the other day:






The nymphs are already slowly starting to gain patterning similar to those of the adults! 😊 Really hope I'll be successful breeding these, would be great to get these to other US breeders and really establish them in the hobby here!

Wanted to give a big thanks to AlexW on the Beetle Forum for identifying my "mystery larva" from my last post as the obscure Zenoa picea! It is the only member of it's family in the US, the adults are apparently very short lived, and the larvae dwell in really rotten wood, so hopefully the substrate I gave mine will work perfectly to rear it to adulthood!

Sadly, my male Meracantha contracta died the other day, however the female is still going strong, and there are some signs of the substrate being disturbed, so it appears that she may be ovipositing, we'll see!

Anyway, that's gonna be it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, will see you all next time! 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment