Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Orange Isopods, Pie-Dish Beetles & My Rose Haired Tarantula

I have been having good luck isolating a orange color morph from my Porcellio scaber colony, I found a few orange individuals in a campground a few years ago and put them in with my normal P.scaber, resulting in dull orange offspring between the two. Luckily when I isolated those dull orange individuals they produced some bright orange offspring, along with some normal ones as well.

Here are some pictures of the brighter colored individuals:

















I have moved these individuals to their own enclosure and will continue isolate the color morph even further until it is pure. :)

My "Orangish" Oniscus asellus are also breeding, most of the offspring look rather normal, just a bit lighter than normal O.asellus, there are no intensely colored individuals yet, but hopefully that'll change.

Here are some pictures of the adults:

















Really hoping some of the offspring will be a brighter shade of orange, this color morph is nice but I would really love a intense orange color morph of this species.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Embaphion muricatum have been doing great, these are one of the easiest to breed darkling beetles I've ever kept, I've been rearing quite a few larva to adulthood, and these new adults have begun laying eggs already.

Here are some of my adults together:
















I may have larva of this species available for sale in the future, they are pretty rare in the hobby and I would love for them to become more common. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Grammostola porteri, Rosie, has been eating a lot since she shed her skin, which is normal for a tarantula that has recently molted. The other day I fed her a superworm, which she pounced on as soon as it hit the substrate, and I took a few pictures which I thought I'd share here.

Here are the pics:




















She's getting plump again, which is good, hopefully she'll continue to do well and live a very long life!

Anyway, that's gonna do it for tonight folks, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I 'll see you all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment