Thursday, September 8, 2016

"Princisia", Motyxia & Latiblattella Updates

Well, it turns out UncommonRoachBoy accidentally sent me Gromphadorhina hybrid nymphs instead of Princisia nymphs. His P.vanwaerebeki colony is actually pure, and he offered to send replacement nymphs, though I declined that offer due to the fact that my allergic reactions towards my hissers have only gotten worse and I don't really want to bring any more into my collection.

Looks like I will be putting these males in with my G.sp. "Hybrid" colony, hopefully they'll produce some big offspring. :)

A few weeks ago I dug up my Motyxia cf. tiemanni eggs, hoping to see some signs of development. Unfortunately many of the eggs had grown dark brown and looked like duds. Yesterday I dug them up again and most of the eggs had disappeared, I assume they have decomposed and rotted into the substrate. There are a few eggs that look fine, though I doubt they'll hatch.

Looks like I have failed with this species, which really sucks, since they were one of the coolest millipedes I've ever seen. :( Oh well, at least I got to see some live specimens in person, which is more than most people can say. :) Maybe I'll try again next year if BIC has them in stock.

Now, to leave off on a positive note, my Latiblattella rehni have been doing well, and some of the nymphs have actually started maturing! :)

Here are some pictures of one of the adults:





Hopefully I will be seeing some ootheca in the cage soon, and then some tiny nymphs!

Well, that's going to be it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I'll see you all next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment