Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Eleodes and Hemiblabera tenebricosa Updates

My Eleodes caudiferus female has been doing good, and it seems like she has been laying eggs! I found a few little hairy larva in the cage, which look different than any other Eleodes larva I have seen, except one that I caught in an area where this species was common. Unfortunately I was unable to rear it to adulthood, but I have long suspected that it was a Eleodes caudiferus larva. Hopefully I can rear some of these new larva to adulthood!

I have a few Eleodes hispilabris that I caught a couple of weeks ago, and have housed them in with my Gromphadorhina sp. "Hybrid" and Eleodes caudiferus. They have been mating and have laid many eggs, the larva of this species are much less hairy than the Eleodes caudiferus larva, and I can tell them apart easily. 
Here are some picture of them today!

Eleodes caudiferus female



Eleodes hispilabris




I'll keep you all posted on these guys, particularly the E.caudiferus.

My Hemiblabera tenebricosa have been doing very well, and they have been reproducing at a steady rate. Some of the nymphs have grown quite a bit, and by the end of the year I should have a bunch of new adults! 

Here are some pictures of them!

Male


Female




Nymph



The cage
Hopefully these will continue to do well, I am really fond of this species! 

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed today's post, I will be getting some cool new invertebrates this week, so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment