Monday, April 25, 2016

My Invertebrate Setup, and A Few Miscellaneous Updates

Hi guys, upon request I'm going to show you guys where I keep all my bugs! I keep almost all of them in my closet, as you can see here:




I have an additional two cages up on a shelf with some board games:


So that's my setup, hope you guys enjoyed!

On the subject of setups, let's take a look at my Chorisoneura texensis cage:




As you can see, there is a peice of foam sponge that serves as a plug for the maintenance hole, which is next to the food bowl for easy access. If I opened the actual lid, most of the roaches would escape, as these guys like to accumulate around the lid. Luckily this setup works well, and my C.texensis are doing very good!

Unfortunately my Cariblatta lutea female died, so my chances of breeding them have been crushed. Hopefully I will be able to obtain more this year, and hopefully that time I will be able to breed them without the hassle of entomophagus fungi.

And lastly, I just wanted to post a picture of one of my Eusattus muricatus eggs, as there seems to be no photos of them online.



Well, that's it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you all next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment