Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Good and the Bad

So my package from Reign of invertebrates arrived, and all the roaches came safe and sound! :) The isopods however, are a different story. Here is what I got:

12 Gyna lurida nymphs
4 Gromphadorhina "portentosa"
3 Live Trichorhina tomentosa

As you can see, I got much less isopods than I was supposed to get, almost all of them arrived dead. However, this species is parthenogenic, so three is enough to start a colony. :) It appears that isopods don't have a great survival rate in shipping, especially in the winter. In the end I am happy with my prize, and I am very excited to have two new species in my collection!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now let's move on to some pretty bad news. Unfortunately, my laptop is broken. The fan inside has broken and the computer won't turn on. This means that I may not be uploading some pictures for a while until my laptop is fixed or we find a new computer. :( So there may be a lack of photos for a bit, which kinda sucks, but I can still give you all status updates.

Hope you guys enjoyed, and I will see you all next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment