Saturday, July 25, 2015

Ergaula capucina update

Well, I now have an adult male female pair! I have long suspected one of my nymphs was a subadult female, so for the past few weeks I've been impatiently waiting for it to molt, and today I checked the container and found a beautiful adult female staring up at me! I am happy to have a adult pair, and I can't wait to start seeing babies! (Though that will take a very long time, the eggcases take many months to hatch). I caught some footage of the male courting the female, and though he ultimately failed, it still was cool to watch. I'll try and upload the video to youtube sometime this week. Anyway, here are some pictures!

Female



Male and female



It is quite interesting how the male and female look so different from each other. They both have a velvety "shine" to them that the camera does not capture, especially on the male. These guys look even cooler in person, and I highly recommend them to anyone who loves to keep roaches! Hope you guys enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment