Thursday, April 16, 2015

Coelocnemis update

Hey guys, it's been a while. I've been a little busy, but I will try to get back to the usual blogging schedule. One of my females Coelocnemis sp died, so I only have one more female left. In a final effort to get some eggs, I have added some pine needles to the cage. These beetles are often found in areas with pine trees, and I found some of mine under pine bark. I am hoping the needles will stimulate egg laying, as I would really like to breed this species, the larva apparently have two large spines at the end of their terminal segment and grow quite large! Here is how the cage looks now.


















I will keep you guys updated on how these do. That's it for today, I hope you guys enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment